Action Items for Today
Expand Medicare – Include Dental, Vision & Hearing
As members of Doctors for America, we are all committed to health for all, creating a health system in our country that is universal, simple, and affordable. The Senate Budget Resolution passed on August 9 and includes a number of major steps in that direction.Take Action
Expand Medicare Benefits
Medicare expansion is on the immediate horizon, potentially improving access for nearly 60 million enrolled Americans. As Congress finalizes this potentially historic legislation, they need to hear voices like yours advocating on behalf of Americans. Doctors for America members need to act NOW!Take Action
- As physicians and health workers, we are sworn by a code of medical ethics; and it is our moral and professional duty to speak up against policies and procedures that harm human health actively or by omission.
- Many organizations led by immigrants, undocumented individuals, and people of color have long histories and expertise in doing this work. We follow the leadership of people who are most directly affected by the issues we wish to address.
- We operate out of an understanding of the historical, political, economic, and social factors in the US and abroad that have contributed to the current dynamics impacting immigrant rights today.
- We lift up Intersections of our work for immigrant and refugee health justice with racial justice, campaigns against the prison industrial complex, indigenous rights, white supremacy, homophobia, and gender discrimination.
- We listen to and amplify the voices of immigrants who are not traditionally forefront on the national stage, including Black and Southeast Asian immigrants and refugees.