Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect information, including name, zip code, email address, and phone number from individuals who register on this site. We use this information to understand more about our online visitors and to deliver targeted content to our newsletter subscribers. For example, we periodically provide information via email regarding events, resources and issues.
We use your email address and other personal information to communicate with you in connection with your use of this Website. We also use this information to respond to your questions, comments and requests, and to solicit information and feedback from you.
Privacy of our email lists
We at Doctors for America maintain email lists to keep interested individuals informed about important topics, and individuals must affirmatively request to join these lists. We will not share your personal information or email address with anyone. We configure our list server software to refuse to divulge the email addresses of our list subscribers to anyone other than those whom we authorize. However, we are not the author of this software, and are not responsible for any failures in the software to preserve subscriber anonymity.
Subscribers to our e-mail list may terminate their subscriptions via a link at the bottom of each email sent from Doctors for America.
Online Actions and Personal Information
If you take our online actions, we will treat the information you provide to us (including your name, city, state, and any affiliations) as public information. We may, for example, provide a letter with signatures to national leaders, the press, and public online, without disclosing email addresses. Your email address will not be treated as public information.
- Don’t challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don’t post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other areas where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
- Do not post personally identifiable information (PII) or protected health information (PHI) in the discussions (e.g., screenshots with PII/PHI).
Discussion / Community Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals—not to the entire list. Do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For example, we use commercially reasonable tools and techniques to protect against unauthorized access to our systems. Also, we restrict access to personal information to those who need such access in the course of their duties for us. However, these safeguards are no guarantee against unauthorized access.
This Website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect information about children under the age of thirteen (13). Our Website is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under age 13. Should a child whom we know to be under age 13 make known to us his or her personal information, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information. If you want to notify us of our receipt of personal information by children under age 13, please do so by emailing us at [email protected].
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
Charitable Solicitation Disclosures
Doctors for America (DFA) is a District of Columbia not-for-profit corporation and is operated as a public charity. It has received official IRS recognition of its tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our federal ID number is 45-4005553. Donations to DFA are tax-deductible and may be disclosed to the IRS.
As required by law, our IRS financial disclosures are always provided to anyone requesting a copy. A copy of DFA’s latest financial report may be obtained by writing Doctors for America, 1701 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20006 or by calling 202-481-7197. Additionally, certain states require us to advise you that a copy of our financial report is available from them.
If you are a resident of the following states, you may obtain information directly by contacting:
- Colorado: Colorado residents may obtain copies of registration and financial documents from the office of the Secretary of State, (303) 894-2680, http://www.sos.state.co.us/ re: Reg.No 20163018447
- Maryland: Copies of documents and information submitted by Doctors for America are available for the cost of copies and postage from the Secretary of State, Statehouse, Annapolis, MD 21401, 1-410-974-5534.
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of Doctors for America may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement by the Secretary of State.
- New Jersey: Information filed with the attorney general concerning this charitable solicitation and the percentage of contributions received by the charity during the last reporting period that were dedicated to the charitable purpose may be obtained from the attorney general of the state of New Jersey by calling (973) 504-6215 and is available on the Internet at https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charities/Pages/default.aspx. Registration with the attorney general does not imply endorsement.
- New York: Upon request, a copy of the latest annual report can be obtained from the organization or from the Office of the Attorney General, by writing the Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- North Carolina: Financial information about DFA and copies of their licenses are available from the state solicitation licensing branch at (888) 830-4989. This license is not an endorsement by the state.
- Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of Doctors for America may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- Virginia: A financial statement for the most recent fiscal year is available upon request from the State Division of Agriculture and Consumer Affairs, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23209; 1-804-786-1343.
- Washington: You may obtain additional financial disclosure information by contacting the Office of the Secretary of State, State of Washington, Olympia, WA 98504-0422; 1-800-332-4483 or 1-800-332-GIVE.
- West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capital, Charleston, WV 25305. Registration does not imply endorsement.
REGISTRATION WITH A STATE AGENCY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THAT STATE.