Digital Media Strategist – JOB OPENING
Doctors for America (DFA) was founded on the principle that physicians are the natural stewards of public health for ALL patients. Over the years, DFA has grown to encompass 27,000+ physicians and medical students across the country addressing access to affordable care, community health and prevention, and health justice and equity. DFA focuses solely on what is best for our patients, not on the business side of medicine, and does not accept any funding from pharmaceutical or medical device companies, which uniquely positions DFA as the organization that puts patients over politics and patients over profits.
Doctors for America has an immediate opening for a Digital Media Strategist to oversee all DFA internal/external communications activities including website, social media, marketing, and media relations. The ideal candidate will be creative, self-motivated, data-focused, and results-driven, bringing the Doctors for America message to key stakeholders, and an increasingly engaged community. The position involves overseeing, developing, and implementing communication and marketing plans for all DFA Impact Areas, special projects and grant initiatives. DFA is looking for an experienced strategic communicator to advance this initiative by leading the following goals:
- Maximizing website, advocacy platform and social media platforms to recruit, engage and educate DFA members, policy makers and partners regarding DFA activities, events and mission.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about engaging and supporting doctors, trainees, health advocates and DFA Team members to be leaders in putting patients over politics to improve the health of our patients, communities, and nation. Preferably, candidate has some experience with non-profit advocacy related to health care reform, access to health care, access to medicines, or broad health care social movements in the United States. We are actively responding to the health system deficiencies and injustices that have been exposed and exacerbated by COVID-19, using it to frame our actions in ensuring federal and state policy actions focus on access to affordable care, community health and prevention, and health justice and equity.
- Work closely with the DFA Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Impact Area members through regular virtual meetings, and when possible, in-person meetings to create, implement and review DFA’s communication and marketing strategy to reflect the mission and brand of the organization.
- Own web site management and content development. Must excel at WordPress.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build member recruitment, brand awareness, and member satisfaction. This includes The Pulse newsletter, Vitals mid-month check-in, event and meeting promos, and other necessary communications activities.
- Create and manage the design, content, and production of all marketing materials.
- Work with program managers and or researcher to create external content including policy briefings, sign-on letters, social media posts, grant reports, and other communications projects for immediate and long-term use by DFA.
- Create a branding guide to establish standards for all Doctors for America internal and external communications.
- Oversee and grow DFA Physician Story Portal collecting personal and patient stories related to DFA Impact Areas and campaigns.
- Engage in administrative duties including scheduling, routine check-ins with DFA’s Executive Director, other DFA staff, including DFA members who are engaged in related work.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events and meetings is essential and some travel will be required.
- Contribute to DFA’s overall development and additional duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience either in-house or at an agency performing marketing communication efforts.
- Must excel at WordPress, Canva (or similar programs) and social media asset creation and evaluation for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Proven experience and portfolio leading communications strategies for a non-profit.
- Oversight of paid advertising campaigns.
- Up to date on latest marketing trends and best practices for non-profits.
- Administrative proficiencies: excellent writing and editing of reports, briefs, emails, organizational materials, communications to membership, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a diverse team including prior experience working with doctors as an added plus.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, creativity, and tenacity in achieving objectives.
- Commitment to Doctor for America’s mission and goals.
- Communications experience, working with the media and strong social media skills.
- Having experience with remote working, especially as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, VoterVoice/ActionNetwork or compatible database, Google Drive, Google Docs, PowerPoint, Canva or other design programs, and website functions.
- Prior nonprofit and policy experience—with both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations—are a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
❖ Please send: Resume, cover letter and two writing samples, list of 3 professional references with contact information (phone/email) to [email protected]
❖ Start Date: November 7, 2022
❖ Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 depending on experience