Membership Support Specialist – JOB OPENING
Doctors for America (DFA) was founded on the principle that physicians are the natural stewards of public health for ALL patients. Over the years, DFA has grown to encompass 27,000+ physicians and medical students across the country addressing access to affordable care, community health and prevention, and health justice and equity. DFA focuses solely on what is best for our patients, not on the business side of medicine, and does not accept any funding from pharmaceutical or medical device companies, which uniquely positions DFA as the organization that puts patients over politics and patients over profits.
Doctors for America has an immediate opening for a part-time Membership Support Specialist to be responsible for membership recruitment, retention, and engagement, and the administration of current and new member benefits. This position is the primary customer service representative for members and requires management of the membership database (training included). DFA is looking for an experienced member to advance this initiative by leading the following goals:
- Working in tandem with digit strategist, maximize website, advocacy platform, and social media platforms to recruit, engage and educate DFA members, policy makers and partners regarding DFA activities, events and mission.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about engaging and supporting doctors, trainees, health advocates, and DFA Team members to be leaders in putting patients over politics to improve the health of our patients, communities, and nation. Preferably, candidate has some experience with non-profit advocacy related to health care reform, access to health care, access to medicines, or broad health care social movements in the United States. We are actively responding to the health system deficiencies and injustices that have been exposed and exacerbated by COVID-19, using it to frame our actions in ensuring federal and state policy actions focus on access to affordable care, community health and prevention, and health justice and equity.
- Work closely with the DFA Board of Directors, Executive Director, DFA Staff and Impact Area members through regular virtual meetings, and when possible, in-person meetings to support the recruitment, retention and engagement of DFA Paid Sustaining Membership program.
- Track and analyze membership and professional trends, needs, and participation to recruit, retain, and engage Paid Sustaining Members.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies that build member recruitment, brand awareness, and member satisfaction. This includes The Pulse newsletter, Vitals mid-month check-in, event and meeting promos, and Paid Sustaining Members Only events.
- Identify, recommend, and develop new benefits and services to ensure value to members. Regularly review existing benefits to ensure continued value to members.
- Oversee the initial and renewal membership process.
- Maintain membership records and database.
- Support the development and recruitment of state and/or regional DFA Chapter activities and provide services to local chapters to enhance member engagement.
- Serve as staff liaison to assigned volunteer committees.
- Engage in administrative duties including scheduling, routine check-ins with DFA’s Executive Director, other DFA staff, including DFA members who are engaged in related work.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events and meetings is essential and some travel will be required.
- Contribute to DFA’s overall development and additional duties as assigned.
- At least 2 years of experience in membership recruitment and retention, or health care related business development.
- Database experience is a plus.
- Administrative proficiencies: excellent writing and editing of reports, briefs, emails,
organizational materials, communications to membership, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a diverse team including prior experience working
with doctors as an added plus.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, creativity, and tenacity in achieving objectives.
- Commitment to Doctor for America’s mission and goals.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience supporting and engaging members.
- Ability to identify key member and potential member needs.
- Experience developing and evaluating member benefits and services.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to function in a collaborative and collegial environment.
- Having experience with remote working, especially as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, VoterVoice/ActionNetwork or compatible
database, Google Drive, Google Docs, PowerPoint, Canva or other design programs, and website functions.
- Prior nonprofit and/or association experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
❖ Please send: Resume, cover letter and two writing samples, list of 3 professional references with contact information (phone/email) to [email protected]
❖ Start Date: Immediately
❖ Salary: $25.00 per hour/20-30 hours per week – this position is eligible for part-time vacation and sick leave benefits
About Doctors for America:
Doctors for America (DFA) mobilizes doctors and medical students to be leaders in putting patients over politics to improve the health of our patients, communities, and nation. DFA is an organization of over 27,000 physician and medical student advocates in all 50 states, representing all areas of specialization. DFA teaches physicians and medical students advocacy skills and does advocacy at a state and federal level. Our impact areas focus on access to affordable care, community health and prevention, and health justice and equity. DFA focuses solely on what is best for our patients, not on the business side of medicine. DFA does not accept any funding from pharmaceutical or medical device companies, which uniquely positions DFA as the organization that puts patients over politics and patients over profits. Find out more at doctorsforamerica.org and on Twitter @drsforamerica.