Action Items for Today
Expand Medicare – Include Dental, Vision & Hearing
Expand Medicare Benefits
Upcoming Immigrant Health Justice Events
Come and join this important work! Beginning at 8 PM Eastern time / 5 PM Pacific Time, DFA's Health Justice and Equity leaders will share what advocacy efforts are in the works on Women's Health and Immigrant Health Justice and how you can get involved. The majority of the event will take place in breakout...
- As physicians and health workers, we are sworn by a code of medical ethics; and it is our moral and professional duty to speak up against policies and procedures that harm human health actively or by omission.
- Many organizations led by immigrants, undocumented individuals, and people of color have long histories and expertise in doing this work. We follow the leadership of people who are most directly affected by the issues we wish to address.
- We operate out of an understanding of the historical, political, economic, and social factors in the US and abroad that have contributed to the current dynamics impacting immigrant rights today.
- We lift up Intersections of our work for immigrant and refugee health justice with racial justice, campaigns against the prison industrial complex, indigenous rights, white supremacy, homophobia, and gender discrimination.
- We listen to and amplify the voices of immigrants who are not traditionally forefront on the national stage, including Black and Southeast Asian immigrants and refugees.